If any time of the year makes me thankful for my friends, family and loved ones, it’s definitely the holidays.
Something about the pervasive spirit of giving, the generous bounty of food, golden cider and spiked egg nog, all the comforts of coming home wrapped in the simple goodness of that cozy holiday spirit. It’s enough to make a cynical gal like me trade in her F-bombs for big, warm cyber hugs.
I’m not the only one who’s got the grateful bug this month. Forever 21 has released a sweatshirt with a practical manifesto list of fuzzy feelings.
Gratitude List: $17.80
Although it would probably make a better poster than a clothing item, most of these things to be happy about are dead on. Who can deny the pleasures of eating deep fried oreos and funnel cake at the county fair, Sunday break with a few too many mimosas and a leisurely stroll picking up fresh produce from the farmer’s market? NO ONE can deny it, that’s who.
But despite Forever 21′s thorough identification of things to be happy about (getting an A in math. Nice one.), I dare say they’ve missed a few.
Here’s my own personal list of things I am thankful for/happy about:
1. Taking off my bra as soon as I get home for the evening and saying, “Fuck this bra!” while I do it.
2. Being that perfect amount of drunk where everything is hysterical and nothing is spinning.
3. Finding it in your size and finding it on sale.
4. The magical parking spot that appears out of nowhere, right next to the front door.
5. Putting that smug bitch in his or her place.
6. Those random days where you feel prettier than usual.
7. Coming home to find your roommate has done the dishes.
8. The triumphant end of a long and painful struggle with your bowels.
9. Alternatively and depending on the circumstances, getting my period and/or it finally being over.
10. Finally paying off student loans.
What are you happy about?